[3830] WPX CW K4HQK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K4HQK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 15:46:24 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA

  160:    0
   10:    0

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Casual effort intermixed with family activities. All S&P mode. Friday night
was, as usual, a battleground on 40m so I tiptoed over to 20m, which stayed open
late. Saturday morning the sun belched and the K index by 0700 EDT had shot up
to 5. Showered and had breakfast, then found the bands reopened for business
around 1100 so I returned for more QSOs and enjoyed decent propagation the rest
of the contest (although most of Sunday was consumed by family activities).

Highlights (exotic or interesting, if not rare; no new ones for me): A71BX,
CR3DX, EA6FO, ED8W and EF8R, EI/UW8SM (young Ukrainian fellow tucked away in
Ireland), MD2C, TC3X, UP2L, VP9UKR (good to hear Bermuda in a contest), Z66BCC,
several VKs, the impossibly-strong ZM1A, and Alena/OK4YL. Award for the longest
callsign: HG22TISZA. For the easiest to remember (hardest to forget?): NN4NN
;-)

Station: IC-7410, ALS-600 amp, R6000 vertical, and dipoles.

73,

John K4HQK
Alexandria, Virginia