[3830] WPX CW NH6O SOAB Classic QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NH6O SOAB Classic QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 05:17:14 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NH6O
Operator(s): NH6O
Station: NH6O

Class: SOAB QRP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Honolulu HI

   80:    1
   10:    7

Another park portable, limited-time afternoon/evening QRP operation with simple
end-fed vertical wire antenna (31 feet).

Daytime band conditions were not QRP-friendly for me - signals did improve
significantly both days around sunset - 0500, especially on 20 meters. I wish I
had a longer antenna and the capability to work later at night - 40 was working
well for me just as I had to wrap up around 0630 Saturday (8:30 PM Friday night
local). I know 15 and 10 had had some great openings well after I had shut down,
too.

This was my first contest using the PX3 panadapter. It was great at showing the
loudest stations, of which there were few. It mostly confirmed to me during the
day that nobody was coming in above S2-S3 on 20/15/10 - and that's not usually
workable for me.

Nice to hear familiar calls and get a few ALOHAs from locals/ex-locals/HI fans.
Until the next big event, I'll see you around the FT8/FT4 watering holes!

73,
Bob NH6O
Honolulu HI
Elecraft KX3 - 5W
31-foot EFHW vertically oriented in tree