[3830] FlQP K8MR SO MobileMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K8MR SO MobileMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 03 May 2022 21:43:11 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2022

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SO MobileMixed LP
QTH: 19 Counties

   40:   296     0
   20:  1430   194
   15:   194     3
   10:     0     0
--------------------
Total:  1924   197  CW Mults = 69  Ph Mults = 43  Total Score = 903,840

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Another good finish to the snowbird season in Florida. As noted by many,
conditions were not as good as last year, and disappointing on 15 and 10
compared with propagation a week or so ago. But it was still a good time!

In addition to the hour off to drive through St. Pete & Tampa, I also got
stuck in Glades for an extra hour, with FL78 being closed off after a likely
multiple fatality auto crash. The story was that some idiot had stopped in the
road to do a "burner", which I take as burning rubber from a dead
stop, and was hit by a car doing the normal 60 mph. The people had been air
flighted out before I got there, but their cars were certainly turned into
burners. So I had more time in GLA than planned, but then had to cut some later
Saturday stops including county line stops.

A few technical/operator issues. I was swearing at my footswitch which on phone
worked fine to CQ and work people, but kept dropping out when I'd QRZ. Sunday I
figured out that N1MM with ESM still enabled from CW causes that to happen when
the QSO gets logged :-). Also a few times when the radio got into some strange
mode, and I had to pull over to figure it all out. And thanks to K2RET who let
me know that I had been CQing away on LSB on 20M. My rate went up on USB.

For my operation in HIL and PIN I signed up to do a POTA activation from the
Fishing Pier State Park. Not sure how much if any that helped, but it was worth
a try for twofer QSOs.

Had I fellow walk up to the car at the MTE stop, who said "Hi, Eldon".
I couldn't figure out quite what that meant, but it turned out he was Gary,
K0GLT from Missouri, who had misread my plates as "K8WR" and looked it
up on QRZ. Had a nice chat with him while working DX on 15 CW.

We had some rain, but nothing serious until south of Tampa on the way back to
Sarasota.

Thanks to all who chased me, and the other mobiles as well as fixed stations,
around Florida!

73  -  Jim  K8MR