[3830] ARRLDX CW OM0M(OM3CGN) SOUSB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om3kxr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OM0M(OM3CGN) SOUSB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 05:29:47 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: OM0M
Operator(s): OM3CGN
Station: OM0M

Class: SOUSB80 HP
QTH: CANA

   80:  757    52
Total:  757    52  Total Score = 117,936

Average to poor condition even with 26 west coasters in my  pocket.

Diversity reception evaluated by OM8AW makes this contest memorable.

There is the 2el OVF yagi based on OH1TV design.
RDF of yagi is >12,5dB
It is hard to beet this yagi  by any other Rx antenna.

New 4el endfire small vertical array heavily inspired by W1FV 9 circle array was
tested this year.
Calculated RDF over 14dB at 45m (4 in line) footprint.
But there is no free lunch, output is -30dB bellow yagi.......
Common noise can eat your sweet diagram :)

First night 4el Rx system absolutely dominated over yagi but the sunrise.
Second night aurora propagation  prioritized the yagi.

Deep QSB makes A/B test impossible by classic A/B switching attempts.
The stereo diversity reception is game changer.MK2R managed the audio chain.

Thanks for your patience.
Most of the qsos were on my  S3 noise floor.

TNX for every QSO

VY 73 DX
IVAN OM3CGN

AL      8