[3830] CQ160 CW VE9HF Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE9HF Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 03:20:03 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: VE9HF
Operator(s): VE9HF
Station: VE9HF

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: FN65
Operating Time (hrs): 2:38

Total:  QSOs = 186  State/Prov = 33  Countries = 25  Total Score = 61,886

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

The band was in great shape Friday night during the brief period that I was on.
Unfortunately, about 2 hours in, smoke started to emanate from my Palstar
HF-Auto tuner. Of course, I ignored it. After awhile, the heat inside the tuner,
as well as the smell, drove me from the room. When I returned, the tuner would
no longer work on 160. It still works fine on every other band, but that wasn't
much help in this contest. Once I open the tuner, I'm pretty sure I'll see some
melted and fried relays, which appears to be fairly common. Palstar sells
replacement relay boards, so I'll be operating on the contraption very shortly.