[3830] NAQP SSB K7RL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K7RL Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:18:04 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   31    16
   80:  239    56
   40:  416    58
   20:  505    51
   15:  388    44
   10:   67    19
-------------------
Total: 1646   244  Total Score = 401,624

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Team: Deep Dixie CC Team Elvis

Comments:

Started on 15m because I thought 10m was completely dead. On a whim, I tuned
across 10m with the second radio about an hour into the contest and heard a few
strong signals. The scope didn’t look promising, but I CQed anyway. Glad I
did. Turned out to be a much better opening than it appeared.

15m and 20m were very good, although my mult total on 15m seems light compared
to the other bands.

40m was good until later in the evening when it emptied out.

80m was much better than expected. Snagged a rare VY1CO, but none of the moves
to the other bands worked.

160m was better than the CW weekend, but not by much. Many times it felt like I
was transmitting into a dummy load.

Thanks to Tim, N6WIN, for the extra push, and thanks to all for the Qs and the
QSY's.

73, Mitch, K7RL