[3830] NAQP CW W0UA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W0UA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 12:08:08 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W0UA
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: W0UA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

  160:   35    23
   80:   80    34
   40:  300    51
   20:  316    48
   15:  232    28
   10:   10     7
-------------------
Total:  973   191  Total Score = 185,843

Club:

Team: GM Fort Laramie

Comments:

I was slated to op this one from Chuck's again but a series of non-radio events
late last week precluded my getting up there this time.  Bummer.  Normally I
would forget about it, but I had signed-up with W0ETT for a team & I owed
them a score.  OK, we'll set-up for a little SO2R from home & maybe get a
100K for the team & watch some football, run to Ziggi's for an iced coffee,
etc. During the set-up Friday evening, I found that half my 6-Pack antenna
switch was inoperative--something awry in the band-decoder that drives the
switch.  So, let's see here, now we have...no K0RF, no SO2R from home.  This is
not going well! And, I still owe a team score.
Nothing for it but to go with one radio & see what I could generate from
here. Not having that 2nd radio is like having one arm cut off!  So, wound-up
playing it for 8 hours & got a little more than the 100K for which I'd
hoped. And, I did the iced coffee, watched football & washed my winter car
on Sunday.
Most disappointing not to be at Chuck's with bands that sounded ripe for big
numbers. But, it is satisfying to make decent lemonade from the lemons thrown my
way this time. No more 1-radio contests, though, thanks anyway...