[3830] NAQP CW VE3DZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3dz@rigexpert.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE3DZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 15:21:09 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: VE3DZ
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: VE3DZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Niagara
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  143    42
   80:  281    52
   40:  272    57
   20:  301    53
   15:   85    26
   10:   41     9
-------------------
Total: 1123   239  Total Score = 268,397

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team: CCO #1

Comments:

Finished putting my station back together less than a half of an hour before the
Contest.
Left setting up the computer for the last minute and had a major computer crash
which resulted in corrupt database of the N1MM Logger. Had to reinstall
everything which delayed my start for almost 40 minutes. Too bad because 10
meters sounded like full of stations and then faded pretty quickly after the
first hour of the Contest.
Was so stressed and upset that accidentally used 40 m Yagi on 15 m for all my 15
m QSOs (wondered why I'm not being heard well). So the first couple of hours
were a disaster here with the rate of a bit over 70 Q/hr.
Finally figured out and solved most problems "on the fly" and the rest
of the Contest was pretty good. Conditions seemed to be decent and I'm sure more
could be done on 15 and 10 from here.
Learned the old lesson "Don't leave everything for the very last
moment" for 100th time...
Lots of high scores on 3830.
Congratulations to those who managed to achieve them!