[3830] RTTY Roundup AE6JV SO RTTY HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AE6JV SO RTTY HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 03:46:34 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: AE6JV
Operator(s): AE6JV
Station: AE6JV

Class: SO RTTY HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 6.4

   80:    61       0
   40:    82       0
   20:   129       0
-----------------------
Total:   272       0  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 17  Total Score = 17,408

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I started out intended on a relaxed medium key experience without serious BIC
time. I planned on being active active on Saturday and Sunday, but a family
emergency prevented me from getting near the radio on Sunday.

I spent about 3.5 hours on 20M starting at 1900z and took a break for dinner. I
did 2.7 hours on 40M starting about 0120z. I had been thinking of switching to
80M when ZF1A asked me to contact them on 80M, so I went outside to change
antenna connections to the 80M dipole and came back looking for him. No luck at
first, but 17 minutes later he was in my log. About 1.3 hours later I decided to
call it a night and headed to my apartment about a mile from my shack with
dreams of coming back in the morning and seeing if 15 was open to EU and perhaps
later to the western US and Canada. Murphy had different plans.

(If you add the above times, you end up with 7.5. RUMLogNG calculated the 6.4
hours you see above. I have no idea how it comes up with it's time on number.)

In addition to ZF1A, I managed to contact K0MD, K5RZA, K9CT, NG1M, and W0SD the
three bands I worked. I also worked a number of my friends in the NCCC, which is
always a pleasure.

Thanks everyone for the Qs