[3830] RTTY Roundup W1SRD SO(A) RTTY HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1srd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W1SRD SO(A) RTTY HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 01:06:11 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: W1SRD
Operator(s): W1SRD
Station: W1SRD

Class: SO(A) RTTY HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): ~12

   80:    77
   10:    19
-----------------------
Total:   762       0  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 24  Total Score = 59,436

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

RU used to be one of my favorite contests. Not so much anymore with the addition
of the FT modes. Not dogging on FT modes, they just don't need to tag along on
the coat tails of RY anymore. They are doing just fine on their own. FT modes
have their own dedicated RU (with no RY BTW). Having both modes in RU adds a new
dimension of strategy to this contest. One which I feel improves neither the
intent nor spirit of RTTY RU. The argument "well, just operate RTTY
only" doesn't hold water either. I have no doubt multiple modes results in
less pure RTTY activity and I for one wish ARRL would roll this change back and
make RTTY RU pure RTTY again.
73,
Steve
W1SRD