[3830] CQWW CW AA4LR SO(A)SB160 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AA4LR SO(A)SB160 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 21:56:31 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SO(A)SB160 LP
QTH: GA

  160:   2     2        2
------------------------------
Total:   2     2        2  Total Score = 4

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
160/80/40m Trap Inverted-J with three elevated radials

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/100+KSYN3Ax2 and KAT3 running 100 watts

Comments:

Traveling back home for Thanksgiving took a lot of the contest operating time. I
got on 160m after sunset on Sunday and made a couple of Qs. Goal was to test out
the changes I made to the trap inverted-J. I added another 125 foot radial and
added six feet on to the vertical element. I also replaced the 200 feet RG-8X
feed line (which was about 60 feet too long).

Antenna is resonant around 1920 kHz, which is still too high. Most likely
because the element is missing about 10 feet, plus the radials are short.
However, it works OK with the tuner. New feed line may have made the biggest
difference.

I think I'm ready for the ARRL 160m.