[3830] CQWW CW WA3AER SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thbauer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WA3AER SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:48:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 22:30

  160:
   80:   59     9       30
   40:  194    14       57
   20:  375    24       80
   15:   99    15       39
   10:   21     6       10
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

For me this was 3 different contests. Friday night was very tough sledding and
it took over 4 hours to make 100 contacts on 40 and 80M. Signals were weak.
Saturday's start was late, so I missed the best of 20M and made hay on 15M, with
a few 10M for some extra spice. I moved the goalposts out to 300 contacts and
quite early Saturday when condx were not much better for me than Friday night, I
planned to get up early on Sunday to take advantage of 20M to EU.
Keeping to the plan was definitely worthwhile. 20M was in much better shape for
me. A few more 15M contacts were added to the total; and I wrapped things up on
40M before stopping for dinner.
Last year's WW CW was much better for me. Given Friday night's start, I had no
expectations of equaling or exceeding the 900+ contact of last year. Passing the
500 contact point this year kept my BIC long enough to almost make 750 Qs.
Friday night made me question my sanity; but Sunday was the icing on the cake.
With Cycle 25 ramping up I expected better condx than last year. Maybe next
year.
I have to thank the many ops who scraped my signal out of their noise floor to
get me into their logs. Many of those were also weak here. Thank you for your
patience. I'm glad we could make those contacts.

73 until next time via the ether.
---
Ted   WA3AER

Eqt.: K3/P3
      KPA500/KAT500
      Hexbeam (35ft.); 80/40M loaded dipole (35ft.)
      N1MM+