[3830] SS CW WX0B(AD5Q) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WX0B(AD5Q) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 05:40:54 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): AD5Q
Station: WX0B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Dallas
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0
   10:    0

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

RF issues. Especially on the higher bands, couldn't sustain high rates because
software kept freezing - requiring a restart of the contest app (but not
Windows). Was able to do this quickly, but not quickly enough to keep rates
above 100 in the important early hours. They were up and down. We think it's the
keyboard. Often had to copy information from frozen screen to paper, then
re-enter after restarting. Rarely lost a frequency this way and stations usually
waited when I sent didahdididit.

So fell behind the usual suspects early, then clawed some of it back on Sunday.
Spent much of Saturday evening on 80, which is probably why I missed the newfie.
Worked 3 NT's, and logger froze immediately after working 2 of them. All three
sent me 2 digit numbers in the 60's.

This was first contest from WX0B in 20 months and it's great to be back.

Roy -- AD5Q