[3830] CQWW SSB IB9A M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IB9A M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 15:42:51 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: IB9A
Operator(s): IZ2WFL IT9RBW IT9RGY
Station: IB9A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Palermo
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  101     9       51
   80:  802    16       86
   40: 2165    34      119
   20: 2059    37      122
   15: 1757    37      126
   10:  749    33       97
------------------------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

CQ WW SSB @ IB9A - M2
Op: IT9RGY, IT9RBW, IZ2WFL

As we all know the CQ WW is "THE contest" of the year and despite the
bad propagation charts it has been simply an AMAZING weekend!
We started to think a month earlier to have some fun together at the IB9A
station, with just the aim to enjoy and to spend some time with relatives in
Palermo city.

The team, Sal WFL, Alex RBW, Gabry RGY arrived to the station on Thursday, quite
late for any kind of serious effort or to have some target.
Moreover that day wasn't as planned at all, as we had been working from 7AM to
4AM the day next.
We were exausted, litterally, and it was Friday.
The antennas, just one per band, were working and even an inband vertical was in
place.

Beeing 3 ops has been a real challenge but the fun kept us on the chair for at
least 45hours each.
In the end we won. What we won? nothing about the rank 🙂
We won that after many years we've been playing together again.
We won the chance to do some maintenance at the station.
We won endless hours of running pileup and fighting for inband Qso.

Luckily the sun let us to play well on high bands. 10m alive again, and other
bands well in shape.
A pity the day time to Asia were there is a mountain from 0° to 75° just next
to IB9A, making impossible chasing mults or even running 3points.

At the end of this summary of our adventure we want to thank everyone for QSO
and, last but not least, Antonello IT9EQO who showed a true hamspirit borrowing
a BPF last minute. We've asked for capacitors value and He sent instead a new
filter straight away...thanks Antonello!!

The numbers in the chart are the maximum a station like IB9A can do.
At the end we were so happy but so tired even to smile properly taking pictures
🙂

Ah, of course the score goes to ICC...what else?
CU soon de IB9A!