[3830] CQWW SSB 9A1P(9A1UN) SO(A)SB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 9A1P(9A1UN) SO(A)SB15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 20:13:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: 9A1P
Operator(s): 9A1UN
Station: 9A1P

Class: SO(A)SB15 HP
QTH: JN65

   15: 3193    40      145
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

We are reconstructing 9A1P contest station on a new qth after the storm disaster
in 2018. Plan was to have two towers up for the SSB part but somehow we were at
least one week late in the schedule. Last minute choice was to do something from
the new qth to give it another test on higher bands after nice experience and EU
victory in WPX SSB 80m last year. As the condx were quite promising decided to
build and erect at least one 15m yagi on a small 12m tower with provisory ropes
holding it. I've managed to build and erect ant just in time for the contest
friday afternoon.
One hour before sunrise band started to show first signals, later JA run was
quite good, that used to be not the best direction on the old qth but seems new
qth with the nice terrain drop just close to the tower works great.
US run started quite early while I still had Asia and Pacific callers, boy I
missed 2nd direction antenna in that period.
Later while band was full open to US band was so crowded and was really hard to
keep the rate high with such qrm and extremely loud sigs at just 1khz or less.
I didnt really feel I was strong enough on the other side. As the sun went down
and eastern stations got blacked out the real show started, did about 500 qsos
from 1600-1800z. Best hour was 16z with 273 qso. Second day was similar to first
except the band died 2 hours earlier and less west coast due to some AU on the
polar paths.
Highlights of the contest been called by VP6MW and ST2M
in both cases I tought some of my friends was makeing a joke :)
Nice competition on livescores with my friend Vedran at 9A5Y and IR4K just
on the opposite side of the Adriatic. Too bad other top scoring guys didnt post
scores.

Tnx everyone for qso, CU on CW in a month

I love this game!

73 Dave 9A1UN