[3830] CQWW SSB K1CC(@K1ZZ) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, konecc@snet.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K1CC(@K1ZZ) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 22:43:13 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K1CC
Operator(s): K1CC K1ZZ KA1ZD
Station: K1ZZ

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 38.7

  160:   45     7       28
   80:  265    19       80
   40:  665    28      103
   20: 1246    34      120
   15: 1141    33      130
   10:  526    26      105
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was a small non-competitive M/2 with 2 ops (K1CC and K1ZZ) and Linda KA1ZD
helping out on 10m.  We set an objective of maximizing fun, getting plenty of
sleep at night and not knocking ourselves out.  Based on the solar CME and
expected disturbances on Saturday, we were anticipating plenty of time off –
wrong!  The excellent conditions kept us in our seats and kept us going.  The
disturbance finally hit here 3 hours before the end of the contest.  The only
disappointment was 160m, but you just don’t get great conditions on all 6
bands at the same time.

My thanks to Dave for the effort in reconfiguring his SO2R station to
accommodate two operating positions and for fixing almost everything to make the
station ready for the weekend.  It has been 40+ years since our days of M/M at
K1ZZ in the early 1980’s – time flies!

--- Rich K1CC