[3830] CQWW SSB K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 16:46:45 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): KB9OWD NE9U KD9LSV N7MB K9CT AB9YC
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: il

  160:   31     9       15
   80:  321    22       65
   40:  761    31      104
   20: 1355    38      122
   15: 1543    36      133
   10:  711    30      103
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

It was great to get the team back together again! We totally enjoyed the
weekend. Operating, eating and sharing ham radio stories made for a great time.
Our youngest operator is Connor, KD9LSV who took time from his EE studies at
Bradley University and is their club president.

We were apprehensive about the CME and expected some slow going. However that
was dashed each morning as 20m opened and then quickly 15m. Off to the races
with four operators....then 10 would open and decisions had to be made! We made
the most of 10m whenever possible and then kept a close eye on 20m for a quick
return for more rate and multipliers. 40m is always difficult for us with so
little space and a wall of east coast stations to navigate. 80 and 160 were
fairly quiet but they seemed not as good as the higher bands. Thanks to the
stations that moved to pick up multipliers. Overnight was very slow especially
towards morning but good openings to Asia continued well after sunrise on 40m.

We participated with the online scoring. The east coast stations would really
take off each morning as the sun hit them and drove us crazy as we waited for
our turn. Too bad not all of our M/2 class got on. I am sure they watch M/2
scoring online but come on, get online!

Signals were for the most part clean as more and more operators pay attention to
their transmitted signals. Signals got quite strong as the MUF marched up the
band. Higher bands seemed to be less stressed with 10m open.

Thanks for all of the QSOs and fun!

73, Craig K9CT