[3830] CQWW SSB VP9I(N6GQ) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kinzli@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VP9I(N6GQ) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 01:18:55 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: VP9I
Operator(s): N6GQ
Station: VP9GE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VP9GE

  160:   72     6        9
   80:  295    13       42
   40:  708    16       56
   20: 1500    25       86
   15:  600    26       82
   10:  400    17       66
------------------------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

A big thank you to Ed, VP9GE, for allowing my new bride (Julia) and I to stay at
his apartment in Paradise. We had a wonderful time and really appreciate Ed's
kindness and help. He's an A1 Op in all ways!

Due to COVID, we had to sacrifice a while during primetime Saturday morning to
go into town and get a COVID test. Waiting in a long line while you know the
radio is unattended and the clock is ticking is really hard!

Speaking of hard, LOW POWER IS HARD! VP9 has a power limit so this is a low
power entry - and I'm used to high power. So I had to adjust and arguably I
didn't adjust well. I learned a lot though and will apply that knowledge to the
CW contest next month. Wasted a few hours at the start trying to make something
happen on 20M and it wasn't a good plan. Switched to 40M and had a hard time
getting things going there too.

Pileups were huge when spotted, but until that spot happens its endless CQing. I
guess no one tunes the bands any more. It was much tougher to build rate with
low power due to getting pushed around, pileup not hearing my replies, etc.
Thanks for everyone's patience.

It was great to see super conditions on 10M and I worked most of what I could
hear even with low power. Very little Africa or Asia though. The station worked
flawlessly and I felt loud despite low power.

We'll be back for CW and I'm very much looking forward to it!

Thanks for the QSOs and your patience with me in the pileups.

Elecraft K3S (100w)
10/15/20: A4S Tribander
40/80/160: Dipoles

73 de N6GQ