[3830] IlQP AD4EB Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad4eb@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] IlQP AD4EB Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 18:39:10 +0000
                    Illinois QSO Party - 2021

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB
Station: AD4EB

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: IL

  160:
   80:     170
   40:     819
   20:     323
   15:       1
------------------------
Total:    1313      0  Mults = 83  Total Score = 217,958

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This was the 7th time we operated mobile in the ILQP, and we ended up with our
highest number of contacts and total score.  Melody drove the same route as last
year, covering all the planned 23 counties (307 miles), and stayed on schedule
for just about the entire time.

Activity was much higher than any of the previous years, and the pileups were
just massive towards the end of the contest.  I had a difficult time keeping up
rate during the last 2 hours for two reasons.  First, propagation was superb for
both short and long skip causing everybody to be super loud making call hard to
decipher.  And second, it seemed most everyone was tuned right on my frequency
and not spread out hardly at all.  It was the toughest and most exhausting
pileup conditions I've ever experienced as mobile in these QSO parties.  Guess
this is actually a compliment for the WIARC and all the Illinois cw operators,
you guys put on an incredibly popular QSO party this year! Ended up working 279
unique calls (was 253 last year, and 209 the year before).

I knew 15m was open because Laci OM2VL moved me there for my only 15m QSO.  But
I was so busy on 20m and 40m that I never found the time to try and get
something going there. Best rate for 1 hour was 195.

The 12 most worked stations include:

K9RS (35)
AC4G (29)
K9CT (28)
OM2VL (23)
K9NW (22)
W8PI (22)
KA6BIM (21)
DL3DXX (20)
K9RN (19)
NS2N (19)
K8MR (18)
W6OAT (18)

Congratulations to these stations, and thanks to everyone who took the time to
work us in the contest. I apologize to those stations I could hear calling, but
had to move in to the next county to stay on schedule.  Sure wish we had had
more time.

Thanks to those that helped put together this excellent QSO Party.  And thanks
again to Melody for driving and navigating me down thru Illinois for the 2021
ILQP.

73 - Jim (AD4EB) and Melody (KI4HVY)