[3830] JARTS K4XL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, grimm@sbc.edu
Subject: [3830] JARTS K4XL Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 13:09:10 +0000
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: K4XL
Operator(s): K4XL
Station: K4XL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Virginia

   80:   32    15
   40:  206    56
   20:  271    71
   15:  151    51
   10:   36    19
-------------------
Total:  696   212  Total Score = 389,656

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I don't think that there is anything that underscores the advancing age of the
amateur population quite like the JARTS contest!  The most senior op that I
worked was WC7Q at 93 and I only worked a handful over my own 83.
Interestingly, I worked two teenagers, both in Europe with UR3QTN at 17 and
EI8KW at 12! (If I incorrectly copied your ages, I apologize!)
In addition to giving a perspective on ham aging, the test was a lot of fun and
went well except for the occasional lapse of muscle memory and I pushed the
wrong button.  Equipment and software all worked as they were meant to.
Household chores and occasional telephone and door bell interruptions prevented
me from spending as much time on the test as I had planned.
I fell short of my goal of 700 Qs but not by much!  I'm disappointed that there
was no more activity on 10 than there was.  The band was definitely open and I
probably spent too much time there trying to run.  Running was much easier on
15, 20 and 40.  80 was very noisy and my beverages aren't working so I didn't do
much below 7 megs.

Equipment:  Yaesu FTDX101MP and Flex PGXL amp
Antennas:  SteppIR DB18E and 80 meter dipole