[3830] NyQP N2MG/M Multi-Op MobileCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2mg@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NyQP N2MG/M Multi-Op MobileCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 23:06:58 +0000
                    New York QSO Party - 2021

Call: N2MG/M
Operator(s): N2MG N2ZN
Station: N2MG

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW HP
QTH:

   15:     2
----------------------------
Total:  1283    0       0  Mults = 81  Total Score = 207,846

What a thrill it was to take the F-150 out on its maiden mobile contest voyage
and not have anything break - even after 600+ miles through 21 counties and a
driving rainstorm.  In fact, it all performed tremendously.  The station is a
Kenwood TS-480HX (200W) with a pair of Tarheel 100A-HP antennas - one at each
end of the truck - the rear unit being my more-or-less permanent installation
(in the driver side rear corner of the bed) and the front is for the contest
only, mounted using a 2" hitch-receiver.  While both were tunable from the
cab, the front Tarheel was left (as intended) on 40m allowing quicker switching
amongst the money bands - a great convenience.   The mental anguish of not
knowing if one band or the other was open was mitigated by not usually having to
wait for an antenna to tune.  (Problems, problems!)

Ken, N2ZN, and I took turns at the wheel and at the rig, tag-teaming that
"other" motivated mobile multi-op - the K2UA/M team of Rus and Mark
K1RO - you may have heard of them - as, together, we traversed New York State's
highways, traveling clockwise along a giant "circle" from the Albany,
NY area back again to Albany.

Thanks and kudos to Rus for all his help (coercion?) in getting my station on
the air and for his team's victory in this inaugural NYQP XL RoadRage Team
Smackdown Challenge Cup (tm).  And, of course, thanks to the nearly 400 unique
stations with good ears, timing and loud-enough signals who diligently (or not)
managed to track N2MG/M across NY and somehow got us in their logs.