[3830] CQ WW RTTY AG4W SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AG4W SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 01:40:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2021

Call: AG4W
Operator(s): AG4W
Station: AG4W

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: AL

   80:  233       45      26    10
   40:  493       49      45    19
   20:  589       46      63    22
   15:  344       13      59    19
   10:   16        2       8     6
------------------------------------
Total: 1675      155     201    76  Total Score = 1,531,872

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

FTDX-101MP, AL-1200, 3 element quad at 40 feet on 10-20 meters, 3 element
parasitic vertical array 40 meters, 2 delta loops for 80 meters, 8 vertical
receive array on 80 meters and 2 beverages for 40/80 meters
I had a lightning strike during April and June. The second strike came two days
after repairing everything from the first strike. The second one was major and
resulted in almost replacing or repairing everything. I did have the 40 meter
vertical array fail Friday night late. I had some of my best run rates ever with
that antenna Friday night before it failed. It will be interesting to see if it
is a lightning failure or just the stress of running RTTY. It has been used
about 10 years. This was the first RTTY contest I ran FSK instead of AFSK. It
was not the easiest thing to setup in Writelog, MMTTY and the FTDX-101MP. I got
it working on Thursday before the contest. With a new computer and updated
software nothing worked like it did before. This is my favorite contest of the
year and I put in a got effort. I did not use SO2R like most of the serious
competitors. I sure did appreciate all those that called that made for a great
weekend. Propagation sure was better for me this year.