[3830] CQ WW RTTY WI9WI SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY WI9WI SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 00:59:11 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2021

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Winter, WI EN45

   80:   75       29       5     5
   40:  266       42      25    12
   20:  581       39      55    21
   15:  216       11      50    16
   10:    0        0       0     0
------------------------------------
Total: 1138      121     135    54  Total Score = 733,770

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Excellent band conditions here in the north woods. Nice European openings on 20
and 15. Even had a modest JA run on 20. Unfortunately in spite of checking 10
numerous times both days and wasting time CQing there I failed to see a single
signal there. The highlight of the contest was Sunday afternoon when I turned
over the reins to my XYL Annette, KA9DOC. She has been licensed for almost 40
years, mostly as  Tech, then a General, and has had her Extra for the past
several years, but hadn't made any QSOs with her own call for many years. After
a quick demonstration and lesson I turned her loose to make some S&P QSOs on
20 without me staring over her shoulder.In about an hour in the chair she made a
handful of QSOs including some DX. Well done. I like the Classic category. Got a
good night's sleep both nights. Almost all QSOs were running, with only about 20
or 30 S&P. Almost an even split between Europe and NA.Most worked countries
were I, DL, G, and VE. No surprises there.

Gear: K3, P3, KPA1500 at 1000 watts
10-15-20: C19 at 55 ft, C3E at 30 ft
40: home made 4 square, dipole
80: single vertical