[3830] 144FallSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:30:02 +0000
                    144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2021

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN11
Operating Time (hrs): 3.0

After driving 75 minutes to where my contest van is temporarily stored, I went
looking for the FN11 spot I'd picked out, but I began running out of time due to
poor road signage and lack of familiarity with the area.  So I went to check out
a nearby microwave tower site I spotted while driving, which turned out to have
a higher elevation but more tree blockage.  Parked there without enough time
left to set up the beam, plus there were power lines and guy wires overhead
anyway, and no level terrain available even using leveling blocks, so I operated
with the rooftop loop.  Best DX was Maine station K1DY FN54 (395 mi / 635 km).
Probably my all-time best DX on a 2m loop.  Best to the south was Virginia
station KG4HOT FM07 (320 mi / 514 km).  Best west was VE3EU EN93 (240 mi / 386
km).  Planning another SSB/CW portable activation for the 222 next week, but not
from FN11.