[3830] TnQP W4NZ Multi-Op MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tlbryant02@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TnQP W4NZ Multi-Op MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 23:13:50 +0000
                    Tennessee QSO Party - 2021

Call: W4NZ
Operator(s): W4NZ K0EJ
Station: W4NZ

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: 26 TN counties

  160:
   80:   344                   48
   40:   749                   59
   20:   136                   28
-----------------------------------
Total:  1229    0       0     135  Total Score = 510,845

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

The score includes 100 bonus points for 1 QSO with K4TCG and 13,000 points for
activating 26 counties.
This year, like last, we were multi-op mobile CW only, low power. Our setup
consisted of an Elecraft K3, a laptop running N1MM Logger+ and two Hustler
antennas mounted on the top of a 2016 Dodge Durango. The route we chose took us
through 26 counties and covered about 460 miles, starting and ending in Hamilton
County (home). Early on, activity seem down compared to last year. 20 and 40m
were still the productive daytime bands. In the larger counties, when rate
dropped we did try several CQ's on 15m but no takers in spite of RBN hits before
the contest from EU and US West coast. Near sunset, things picked up with much
better rates on 40 and huge pileups late on 80M. Our last hour was 190 QSO's
with 161 of them on 80m. What a rush!!

A special thanks to Gator N5RZ, Laci OM2VL and Dietmar DL3DXX as they were the
QSO leaders and seemed to always know when we entered a new county.

Thanks also to the many other callers who rode along with us and patiently spent
time waiting in the pileups for us to get to them. You all are the bread and
butter that keeps us coming back for more each year.

73 from the W4NZ/mobile team,
Ted W4NZ, Mark K0EJ and Brandon, our driver/navigator extraordinaire!