[3830] MoQP W0BH Mobile SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MoQP W0BH Mobile SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 03:52:40 +0000
                    Missouri QSO Party - 2021

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Mobile SO Mixed LP
QTH: KS and MO
Operating Time (hrs): 5.3

  160:
   80:   54      9
   40:  205    112
   20:  203    147
   15:   14      6
   10:
----------------------------
Total:  476    274      0  Mults = 36  Total Score = 45,262

I operated Saturday from home in Kansas and Sunday as a mobile in Missouri. I
combined numbers for the State QSO Party challenge (didn't know any other way to
do it). Maybe I could have made two separate submissions. My actual scores
were:

KS: (46CW+26PH)*43 mults = 5074+100(W0MA Bonus)+100(eBonus) = 5274 in 2.4 hrs
MO: (430CW+248PH)*36 mults = 39888 + 100(eBonus) = 39988 in 2.9 hrs

Log will be submitted to the QSO party sponsor.

2021 Missouri QSO Party by Bob Harder, W0BH

Lorna and I had planned a full two-day effort this year including booking the
hotels and planning the trip. Then I read the rules. Note to self: read the
rules first! I noticed that the Kansas Mobile Single-Op category didn't allow a
driver like most QSO parties do for safety reasons. Since Lorna didn't want to
operate this time around and I needed Single-Op status for the State QSO Party
Challenge, we decided to operate Sunday only and mix the MOQP with an IKEA run
in Kansas City, our first since COVID. I had fun working Missouri from home in
Kansas on Saturday.

Since I was driving and operating (not at the same time), I planned a short
route to include four multi-county-line stops with minimal distance in between
to maximize my time spent on the radio. We got to Missouri on time, but since I
didn't want to operate while driving and we were behind schedule, I scratched
the first stop to give me more time in the rest. Good plan, and everything went
according to schedule with no problems after that.

Since I operated less than 3 hours total, the only thing I'll say about the run
was that Missouri is a really beautiful state in the rolling hills country north
and east of Kansas City.

Stats

Operated 2.9 hours, 713 Qs, 266 unique calls, 35 dupes, 96 MOQP miles (533 total
miles).

States not worked (16) : AL AR HI IA ID IN LA ME MS MT ND NH NM NV RI VT
Canadian mults worked (2) : BC SK
MO worked (14) : ADR BOO CPG CAS COL CRA DAL HIC LCN OZA POL PUT STL SUL

DX worked (3) : OM DL UA

W0BH Rate (includes dupes) : 247/hr

County Breakdown (in visited order, no dupes)

01 BUC 107 Buchanan
02 PLA 107 Platte
03 CLN 144 Clinton
04 DVS 88  Davies
05 DEK 88  DeKalb
06 CWL 72  Caldwell
07 RAY 72  Ray

Special thanks to my top scorers (from the mobile):

31: K9RS
27: K3WJV
26: N8II
24: N5TJ W4UT
20: KA6BIM
15: W0W
14: VE5KS
13: NS2N
12: K8MFO OM2VL
11: K5QR N7GR
10: VE7CV WB9HFK

MO Mobiles Worked: K5CM

W0BH Award Winners
----------------- First Place --- Very Honorable Mention ---
Most overall Qs - K9RS/31 ------- K3WJV/27 -------- N8II/26
Most CW Qs ------ K9RS/17 ------- K3WJV W0W/15
Most PH Qs ------ K9RS N8II/14--- K3WJV W4UT/12 --- KA6BIM N5TJ KS4X/10
Most counties --- 16 ops had 7 counties including N0O and all of the above

Afterwards

Thanks to the BEARs for organizing the event! The 1x1 operations were really
good. A number of them worked me on 40 and 80 throughout the day, and FunSpots
worked great. Great to work Connie, K5CM/m from both KS and MO!

The 2021 Kansas QSO Party is scheduled for August 28-29, the last weekend in
August. With 105 counties, we need all the help we can get, so mobiles, head
this way!  Everyone else, thanks for the Qs in Missouri, and see you down the
log in 2021 ..

73, Bob/w0bh

QPC #26