[3830] WPX CW YT5A M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW YT5A M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 22:41:27 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: YT5A
Operator(s): YT1AD YT1HA YT2T YT3W YU1AU YU1BV YU1KX YU1YV YU2FG YU6DX YU9DX
Station: YT5A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Vitanovac

   80: 1075
   40: 2189
   20: 3024
   15: 1324

Club: Contest Club Serbia

Comments:

What a great weekend behind us!

We had nice moments when we enjoyed the contest, but also a few problems as
well. In the first half-hour, we had problems on 20/40M, which we successfully
solved. However, we lost a lot of QSOs there. That was just the beginning of our
problems. Murphy just woke up. :) Later, on Saturday morning, due to a power
problem, we didn't have a station on 20M (about an hour). This time we missed
the EU/AS pileup. We followed the situation on "cqcontest", it was
frustrating, but we did not give up.

Just when we thought Murphy had left us, another problem. Our 3el full-size beam
for 80M broke down, at the moment when the opening to the USA started great. We
finished the second night with the dipole antenna (01-06z). Although we fixed
the beam on Sunday, we could not make up for the QSOs points lost that morning.

There are still big disturbances between the stations on 20m and 10m, which we
will solve by moving the antenna to a greater distance. The situation on other
bands was pretty good, but we are still not satisfied with the result on 15
meters. We need to improve it somehow.

With all the problems, we made a better result than last year. We are
satisfied.

Also, we can't help but mention the "battle" on the cqcontest.net with
the guys from LZ9W. Congratulations on a fair fight! We'll do it again. It was
interesting to follow the race hour by hour, in which there were many
upheavals.

Many thanks to Hrane, YT1AD for another great organization and hospitality. We
enjoyed everything.

Thanks to all for the points! CU in the next one.

73, YT5A team