[3830] WPX CW NB1N SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sandortoth_2000@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NB1N SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 18:32:33 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: NB1N
Operator(s): NB1N
Station: NB1N

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 30+

  160:    0
   10:    0

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

K3
KPA500
Dipole on 20m & 40m
Dipole on 80m
Dipole on 15m at 30 feet

There was no plan or strategy for this contest except to have fun, did not fall
short on that front.

Everything worked well except the feed line for one of the dipoles kept wrapping
around the chimney due to the high winds, and SWR shot up to 2.0:1.  Frequent
visits out into the rain to remedy the situation.

For me 80m was not very productive due to the high level of noise, even 40m
struggled to clear up later into the night.  Worked very few stations south of
the border on any bands.

Connecting with friends in other countries and continents is always fun, even if
just for a few seconds.  Did not recognize many of the calls YCCC members were
using, no way to tell who you were working, and/or spot it or not.  Speaking of
being spotted, I never have been spotted so many times from overseas.  Wonder
why...?

30 plus hours in the chair didn't seem too bad, I guess the lure of good weather
outside wasn't hanging in the balance.

Thanks everyone for the Qs and catch you in the next one.

All the best,
Sandor - NB1N