[3830] SCQP AC0W Single Op FixedMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ac0w@charter.net
Subject: [3830] SCQP AC0W Single Op FixedMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 15:27:13 +0000
                    South Carolina QSO Party - 2021

Call: AC0W
Operator(s): AC0W
Station: AC0W

Class: Single Op FixedMixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:   29     25
   20:   13     12
----------------------------
Total:   42     37      0  CW Mults = 22  Ph Mults = 21  Dig Mults = 0  Total
Score = 8,544

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Not sure what conditions were like there but signals generally were weak here
making copy tough. On phone, many stations failed to use phonetic and the 4
character county abbreviation requiring several repeats to get the county. On
phone stations went several minutes without identifying. Had to request this
several times of stations.

Probably the biggest complaint is the bonus station that was spread over several
counties. None of them identified their county. So as you tuned across them you
had no idea if I worked them or not. So you have to sit there and wait.
Personally I've never understood the idea of bonus station. Why is one station
so special that it is worth more points than all the other participants? Why
should I be encouraged to work one station over all the other stations through
the use of bonus points.

I finally cut things short to do other things as I got tired of the issues
above.