[3830] ARRLDX CW K7NJ SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7nj@awinets.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7NJ SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 04:24:22 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K7NJ
Operator(s): K7NJ
Station: K7NJ

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: UT
Operating Time (hrs): 9:01

   40:  228    70
Total:  228    70  Total Score = 47,880

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I will send my 40M SOSB Assisted entry in as a check log since SOSB Assisted is
not a recognized category.

Multipliers Worked
3D2/R,4O,5B,9A,9G,9J,BY,CE,CM,CT,CX,D4,DL,E7,EA,EA8,EU,F,FK,FM,FY,G,HA,HB,
HC,HH,HI,HK,HP,I,IS,JA,KH0,KH6,KL,KP2,KP4,LA,LU,LY,LZ,OA,OH0,OK,OM,ON,P4,
PJ2,PY,S5,SM,SP,TF,TG,TI,UA,UA9,UR,V3,VE,VK,VP5,XE,YU,YV,Z3,ZF,ZL,ZS

An 8 element vertical circle array enabled instantaneously switching directions.
 There was no need to think about whether or not it would be worth taking the
antenna off of Europe or Africa to work the Pacific or Asia. In addition to the
40M circle array, there are 3 bi-directional Beverages covering EU/ZL,
East/West, JA/S.America. There is also an omni-directional vertical antenna.
It's a 54 foot top-loaded vertical for 160M with 60 full-sized 160M radials and
a remote antenna tuner for switching between 160M-80M-40M.

The radio is a K3S with an Ameritron AL-1500 amplifier.

Conditions were horrible the second night. Since, from the outset this was
planned to be a check log entry, the operation was very relaxed. I took lots of
breaks - even watching the News on TV during the middle of the evening. It was
all very enjoyable and relaxing not worrying about missing Q's or multipliers.
Hopefully, next year SOSB Assisted will be an official category.