[3830] CQ160 CW N8VW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N8VW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 03:42:45 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N8VW
Operator(s): N8VW
Station: N8VW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): NaN

Total:  QSOs = 515  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 9  Total Score = 72,041

Club: Central Ohio Contest Club

Comments:

Another city lot operation. Noise level is about s9 with out filters, noise
sources abound.  Antenna is an inv-L with an 18m spiderpole for support and
using 26awg wire from dxengineering so the weight of the horizontal wire
wouldn't bend the pole. About 16 radials, most no more than 6m long.  I didn't
stay on after 0230 the first night, taking off work on Friday didn't work out.
Made it up till 0630z the second night before I threw in the towel. UA2FW had
the best EU signal that could hear me, most others just cq'd in my ear.  Lots of
qsb, long periods of signals in the noise only to have them become audible for a
bit and lots of dropped letters too.  Missed KL7,ND,NE,VE4,VE5 and all the VE
maritime stations.  Didn't really CQ a lot, but when I did was able to maintain
some rate, although I feel that my signal was not very good.  160m is fun and
even on a small city lot it is well worth the effort to get on and see what you
can do.