[3830] CQ160 CW 3V8SF(KF5EYY) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ash.kf5eyy@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW 3V8SF(KF5EYY) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 13:24:33 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: 3V8SF
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8SF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Sfax

Total:  QSOs = 760  State/Prov = 4  Countries = 49  Total Score = 402,535

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

** QSO Audio Search Tool at www.kf5eyy.info then "Contests" **

My experimentation with BOG antennas didn't confirm it to be a DX antenna on
160. I decided to put up a new beverage for JA direction instead. It was 214m
long and 1m high. I finished installation on Friday morning and didn't have the
chance to confirm its performance especially on these times of bad condx on
160.

>From the contest experience, it had a good pattern and managed to produce clear
signals. I managed to hear few JAs.

For NA direction, I kept relying on my 260m-long beverage.

A thunder storm over Cyprus made RXing a bit challenging. A thought to the
Syrian refugees in Idlib who got floods in their camps rendering their lives
more miserable.

The band was clearly in bad shape here. Very few NAs heard and worked. Congrats
to N0FW who managed to pick up my 100W signal among the crowd!

This year's score is less than half of last year's one! The contest remains a
great fun, though!

RX: 260m Bev NA, 214m Bev JA
TX: 17m Toploaded Vertical, 30 radials

73 Ash KF5EYY