[3830] CQ160 CW ED8W(OM5RW) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW ED8W(OM5RW) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 10:00:21 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: ED8W
Operator(s): OM5RW
Station: EA8DO

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: La Palma
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 1069  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 68  Total Score = 1,214,556

Club: EA Contest Club

Comments:

This was the very first real serious remote contest operation from ED8W QTH.
IC-7610 controlled by N1MM logging software proved as a perfect combination. Is
not the same as siting directly behind the radio, but I could adapt to that
conditions really fast. If you do not need to play with the knobs on the radio a
single personal setup of the filters and other things is just enough. The great
thing is also ED8W low noise QTH, as there is no need for RX antennas to keep
the remote controll simple.
I would like to say BIG THANKS to Manolo EA8DO, who was working hard to prepare
the station and solving all those pre contest technical problems. He was
spending all those contest nights in the ED8W shack to be sure that everything
is working properly. His hard work paid off and the contest went without a
single issue (TKS for staying away Mr.Murphy).
First night was very productive with 650q and almost 650k points. Then it all
went wrong the second night. After midnight the condx dropped down, the band was
very noisy with weak signals even from big guns. Combining Run and S&P
produced quite low rates. A little improvement occured prior to the sun rise.
The end of the contest on last night brought some mults and some 50 Qs from EU.
Anyway it was really great fun sitting in my office, using high speed internet
connection and participating in my favourite contest from perfect HAM radio
station.
Big cheers and thanks goes to station owners Mari EA8LF and Manolo EA8DO for
allowing me to use the station.
MUCHAS GRACIAS y hasta el proximo concurso.