[3830] NAQP CW K1IR M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@k1ir.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K1IR M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 02:47:55 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K1IR
Operator(s): NN1C WC1M K1IR
Station: K1IR

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

  160:  197    40
   80:  405    58
   40:  693    64
   20:  453    60
   15:   27    11
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1775   233  Total Score = 413,575

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

We had a great time participating in our first NAQP multi. Dick WC1M decided to
try something new and joined us for his first time as a remote operator. Marty
got him up and running with the necessary gear very quickly. It was great to
watch him cranking out QSOs at one of the operating positions while Marty and I
handled two other positions locally. For the most part, the station played
nicely. And, the new generation of switching we built over the summer worked
superbly.

In the run-up to this event, we got in-band capability running on 20m and 40m
with new four-squares for both of those bands. And then, with just 5 hours
remaining in the contest, we added a dipole to support in-band operation on 80m.
At some point, we'll determine how many incremental QSOs and mults might have
been the result of adding those antennas.

We also added lock-out technology to ensure we had only a single signal on the
air at any time on any band throughout the contest.

As usual, the real-time scoreboard kept us engaged. We were doing pretty well,
holding our own competitively on 20 and 40m for the first 5 hours of the
contest. Something changed when we went to 80m. Looking back, it appears we
weren't able to create rates on the low bands like our competitors. We will
investigate and try to determine what changes in strategy, antennas, and
operating will help us improve.

So many entrants in the Multi-2 category . . congrats to all. You can expect to
see us in this event again in the future!

73 Jim K1IR