[3830] NAQP CW AB1J Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW AB1J Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 15:54:37 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Waltham, MA

  160:    0
   80:  100    23
   40:    0
   20:    0
   15:   25    12
   10:    0
-------------------
Total:  125    35  Total Score = 4,375

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Sometimes when I want to be in a contest but not too much, I do an "Outer
Limits" operation on the highest and lowest bands that are open and where I
have antennas, 80m and 15m in this case, avoiding the load-bearing 40m and 20m
zoos. 15m was pretty slow, mostly SO2R guys on 20m waiting for 40m to open.

80m was better, although signals were on the anemic side.  It did give me a
chance to fiddle with my receiver, using the Pixel mag loop antenna, to work at
taming the evening neighborhood noise on 80m.  I was happy with the results of
the adjustments although there's one big hump starting about 3555 that I can't
get rid of.

Thanks for all the QSOs.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+
15m attic dipole
80m outdoor 66' outdoor stealth wire with indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog