[3830] CQWW CW OL3R(OK1VWK) SOSB20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OL3R(OK1VWK) SOSB20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:17:37 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OL3R
Operator(s): OK1VWK
Station: OK1VWK

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH: JO70
Operating Time (hrs): 21:19

   20:  706    27       74
------------------------------

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

This year of ham radio contesting is specific. Let say in full contest history.
It definitely seems we had last nonassisted event in WW contest history. Hope
enjoyed it as much as possible. Also despite of low rare destination activity =
low number of country/zone multipliers. Due to Covid restrictions, ofcourse.

Conds moderated for begining 25 solar cycle. Signals on 20m band slightly
affected by A-index. Mainly to state side and W7 with aurora echo propagation.
After several years used again my two antenna phasing system and satisfied, its
still working fine. Heard loud Argentina mult, but didnt catched AZ1A/X from
zone 13. He was calling someone. The same with JT mult. Never heard him again on
the band. Also lost country mults HZ1TT and C6AGU due to huge pileups without
chance for small pistols. But never mind. Surpricingly easy workable were VK/ZL.

Unfortunately also bad practice of R7CA monitored. I have operated on 14002.1
for maybe 10min and suddenly he started QRM and give me QRL messages. My
decision was make QSY to get clear frequency around. Cascade of 250Hz Inrad and
300Hz Collins filter at my side. So after next start of operation R7CA moved
again on my frequency and calling CQ. OK moving again out and again the same. OK
move to upper area. Jump from 14001.9 to 14002.4, clear frequency and after
several CQ TEST again R7CA calling on my frequency. Same happened several times.
I am sure he tracked me. I would like to ask R7CA, why did you do it ? I am able
to understand, you have only wide RX filter, but pls dont try force to leave
others by QRMing, if the problem is your wide RX passband. Thanks a lot.

My equipment:
Wintest
modified FT1000MP
2el Moxon beam at 0.5wl a.g.l. + vertical Delta loop
TX phasing system - 0.25wl 37.5ohm (two paralel 75ohm coax) transmition line
RX phasing system - W8JI magic T splitter

Thanks to all who called or participated and CU in next time.