[3830] SS CW KD4D(@W3LPL) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd4d@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW KD4D(@W3LPL) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 01:43:27 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: KD4D
Operator(s): KD4D
Station: W3LPL

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 23:45

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to Frank Donovan, W3LPL, for the chance to contribute points to the PVRC
Sweepstakes Club Competition.  Every year, Frank splits his fine Multi-Multi
Station and hosts two single operator efforts for Sweepstakes - both modes.
This year I shared the station with Barry Shapiro, WR3Z.

I haven't done an Unlimited entry in Sweepstakes in 15 years or so.  Frank has
two operating positions on each band, so Barry and I each had a dedicated radio
and computer to use on 80-15 meters.  However, only one of us could operate on a
band at a time.  This also means no SO2R.

Frank has installed shower curtains between the operating positions and we both
wore masks at all times - much different!

I had fun clicking on spots from the RBN.  Last ten rates of 80 or more are
possible by clicking on spots.  Usually, when we changed (swapped usually)
bands, I would start by working out the "band map".  I haven't counted
them yet, but I'm pretty sure I had more S&P QSOs this weekend than I
usually have doing full-time SO2R.

I got the sweep at 04:35 Z, less than eight hours in.  I saw an RBN spot for a
VY1, clicked it immediately, and was able to get through in two calls.  My last
four sections were NT, SNJ (?!), DE, and MS.

Hourly rates and QSOs by Section and Band follow.

See you in Sweepstakes SSB.  GO PVRC!

73,

Mark, KD4D

2020 ARRL SS CW - KD4D @ W3LPL
QSOs (without dupes) - By time

| Hr |      160 |       80 |       40 |       20 |       15 |       10 |   Total

|    |          |          |          |          |          |          |

| 21 |          |          |       81 |          |          |          |
81 |
| 22 |          |          |        6 |       81 |          |          |
87 |
| 23 |          |        2 |       58 |        5 |          |          |
65 |
| 00 |          |       71 |          |          |          |          |
71 |
| 01 |          |        4 |       71 |          |          |          |
75 |
| 02 |          |       32 |       27 |          |          |          |
59 |
| 03 |          |       80 |          |          |          |          |
80 |
| 04 |          |        1 |       51 |          |          |          |
52 |
| 05 |          |       61 |        7 |          |          |          |
68 |
| 06 |          |        3 |       30 |          |          |          |
33 |
| 07 |          |       25 |          |          |          |          |
25 |
| 08 |          |          |          |          |          |          |

| 09 |          |          |          |          |          |          |

| 10 |          |          |          |          |          |          |

| 11 |          |          |        9 |          |          |          |
9 |
| 12 |          |       28 |       16 |          |          |          |
44 |
| 13 |          |       39 |          |        2 |          |          |
41 |
| 14 |          |          |       32 |       11 |          |          |
43 |
| 15 |          |          |       15 |       11 |          |          |
26 |
| 16 |          |          |       18 |       21 |          |          |
39 |
| 17 |          |          |       24 |       16 |          |          |
40 |
| 18 |          |          |          |       22 |       10 |          |
32 |
| 19 |          |          |       20 |          |        1 |          |
21 |
| 20 |          |          |          |       38 |          |          |
38 |
| 21 |          |          |       23 |          |        2 |          |
25 |
| 22 |          |          |       16 |          |          |          |
16 |
| 23 |          |       18 |        3 |       11 |          |          |
32 |
| 00 |          |        7 |       23 |          |          |          |
30 |
| 01 |          |       41 |        1 |          |          |          |
42 |
| 02 |          |          |          |          |          |          |

|    |          |      412 |      531 |      218 |       13 |          |
1174 |

Section 3       7       14      21      Total
IL      26      29                      55
VA      25      21      6               52
MDC     15      23      5               43
OH      23      14      2               39
SCV     1       22      14      1       38
MN      15      18      5               38
MI      18      13      2               33
NC      15      15      2               32
WWA     2       11      15      2       30
STX     1       19      7               27
AZ      2       13      12              27
EPA     15      10      1               26
TN      14      9       2               25
WI      12      10      2               24
CO      3       10      9       2       24
NTX     3       14      7               24
GA      7       12      3               22
OR      3       9       9       1       22
IN      11      10                      21
MO      12      7       2               21
SV      5       11      5               21
NFL     7       9       4               20
WNY     12      6       1               19
EMA     8       8       2               18
GTA     10      6       1               17
WPA     9       5       1               15
SDG     1       9       4       1       15
IA      4       9       1               14
LAX     1       4       7       2       14
SFL     1       9       3               13
CT      5       5       3               13
WCF     2       4       7               13
ORG     2       7       4               13
NLI     7       4       1               12
KS      4       3       5               12
NNJ     10      2                       12
EB              4       7               11
SNJ     10      1                       11
AR      1       7       3               11
NH      7       2       2               11
NM              6       5               11
ONE     9       1       1               11
SJV     1       4       5               10
KY      6       4                       10
WMA     5       5                       10
ENY     5       4       1               10
SF      1       6       3               10
SC      4       5       1               10
QC      5       2       2               9
RI      6       3                       9
EWA     3       3       3               9
AL      1       6       1               8
MT      2       4       2               8
ONS     3       5                       8
BC      1       6       1               8
OK      1       3       3               7
VT      2       2       3               7
WV      2       3       1               6
WY      2       2       2               6
SD      1       4               1       6
UT              2       4               6
AB              2       3       1       6
ME      1       5                       6
SB              4       2               6
MS      4       2                       6
NV      1       3       2               6
DE      3       2                       5
SK      2       1       2               5
NE      2       2       1               5
LA      1       4                       5
ID      1       3       1               5
ND      2       2                       4
WTX             3       1               4
PR              3               1       4
NNY     2       1                       3
MB      2       1                       3
PAC             1       1               2
MAR     1       1                       2
AK              1       1               2
NL              2                       2
ONN     1       1                       2
VI              1               1       2
PE              1                       1
NT              1                       1
Total   412     531     218     13      1174