[3830] CQWW SSB OM2Y(OM2KI) SO(A)SB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OM2Y(OM2KI) SO(A)SB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 14:12:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: OM2Y
Operator(s): OM2KI
Station: OM7M

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH: OM7M
Operating Time (hrs): 41:34

   20: 4162    40      144
------------------------------

QTH at the OM7M club  is undergoing extensive renovation and it is not ready yet
for a serious race in the M/S category.  Cabin reconstruction is almost done,
but the newest technologies for antenna switching, stacking, interlocking, etc
still need to be completed. So the decision was made to try some single
operation. And I am glad that 20m band was choosen this time. I had available
three antenna systems (stacks 3x4el, 2x5el and a single multiband yagi).    The
band was open from the first minute of the contest and practically never closed
up completely.  Condx seemed to be very good on both days, band didn´t want to
closed for at least a few hours just to have some room for short break. Band was
crowded by many stations and it was not easy to keep clear frequency. I  enjoyed
nice runs  to NA and JA and especially nice LP openings to VK / ZL early in the
morning. Many times during the contest I was called by some very rare and nice
multipliers.  Since I was not ready for the 48-hour race, during both nights I
chose a short time to sleep. Sleeping time cost me a few more QSO´s and even
better final result. But I'm still very satisfied. It will be extremly hard to
break 4000 QSO´s in SO category from our location again. Station runs
flawlessly all the contest and he investment in the reconstruction has certainly
paid off. My big thanks goes to the members of OM7M team for this memorable
opportunity and I am looking forward for future races in M/S or M/2 category
from fabulous OM7M station.