[3830] CQWW SSB VA3DF SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3df66@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA3DF SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 00:58:30 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: ONS
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    6     3        3
   80:  389    12       35
   40:  184    22       65
   20:  435    28       89
   15:  344    26       83
   10:   30     7       16
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Wowsers! Much better conditions than I expected once you got past the first
hour. Had a big storm front pass through just as the contest started -
unbelievable rain static! So bad I considered starting late but I  decided to
press on and using the beverage antennas on 40 m allowed me to at least toss my
hat into the ring!

We are not anywhere near a solar max but despite that, there was still a lot of
good stuff out there. Plus 10 m opened up to EU on Sunday - kinda like a
flashback to better times! 15 m also punched well above it's weight. Even using
my "new" amp I found that the "big boys" still consistently
put me in my place! I'm thinking I probably need a 10 KW amp to even things
out...

Huge run on 80 Saturday night but unfortunately that was the beginning of the
end. Going into the contest I knew that when I do a lot of speaking and am
stressed, my voice will fail. Sure enough, about Noon on Sunday it started! I'd
get a few letters of a call out and then nothing! I mean no words would come out
- sort of like choking. Really embarrassing. Tried various remedies but no joy,
so most of Sunday afternoon and evening was a write off. I hate excuses so
that's all I'll say about the situation.

However, I did really enjoy myself and that really is what it's all about.

I'm thinking there's going to be some really great scores coming out of CCO for
this contest!

73,

Doug
VA3DF