[3830] 432FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 432FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 04:46:16 +0000
                    432 MHz Fall Sprint - 2020

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62
Operating Time (hrs): 1:45

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Similar to last week's effort in the 222 MHz Sprint, this week was another
Sprinty effort, completing 24 of my 26 total Qs in just 65 minutes of operating
time as I visited the 4 grids around my local Grid Corner.

Nice to catch K9MRI (again!) with me on SSB and him on CW, possibly helped by my
having a small yagi for 432 for the CoROVERolla. I would have used CW except
that I'd forgotten to bring my CW key (remedied later).

After a stop back at the home QTH to pick up the forgotten CW key, I went back
out to another local 'rover high spot' and stayed there for a half-hour but that
only netted ONE additional Q and on SSB, no answers to the CQs I made on CW -
the final/26th Q was as I was returning to the home QTH, while mobile with the
omni loop antenna.

Only 9 different calls in my log but I was able to complete 'sweeps' with 4
different stations, completing contacts with them from all 4 of the grids I
visited. Contacts with two other stations were completed from 3 of the grids,
one more stations was contacted from two grids and 2 more stations were 'solo'
Qs, only contacted from one of the grids I visited.

Thanks to all who were on (especially to the stations that worked to copy my
rover signal!) and to Bruce, NT4RT, and the Southeast VHF Society for their
continued management and sponsorship of the Fall Sprint series.

73, JK