[3830] CWOpen N4CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWOpen N4CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 00:34:18 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 2000Z-2359Z

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC - GM05
Operating Time (hrs): 03:42

   40:  161   118
   20:  137   137
Total:  298   255  Total Score = 75,990

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Finally got remote coax switch hooked up...fortunate that I had a 2X8 control
box and discovered the port I was using wasn't driving the relays...so I checked
out the other port and it worked! I spent several hours finding the failure! I
persisted and wound up 18 minutes late into this session.
For the next 2-1/2 hours I worked 20 meters and just couldn't get a decent rate
going. So I decided to spend the last hour and a half on 40. Good choice!!! Lots
and lots to work, and some neat pileups. That made it all worthwhile.
Sorry I couldn't work everybody that called; several stations were just at noise
level, in and out. I just couldn't pull them through. Many thanks for the many
fine ops who were patient in my digging out all the necessary information to log
a QSO.
Note: Heard several stations with bad clicks. There are fewer than years ago
(reminds me of chirps in the old days...there were plenty!!!), but not necessary
and they made operating nearby really tough. Fixes for clicks are available.
73 and thanks for the CW fun.