[3830] NAQP SSB W4AQL M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4aql-ec@list.gatech.edu
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W4AQL M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 22:07:27 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W4AQL
Operator(s): KN8U AC9QS
Station: W4AQL

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: GA

  160:    4     4
   80:   46    20
   40:  453    49
   20:  393    53
   15:  226    29
   10:   27    14
-------------------
Total: 1149   169  Total Score = 194,181

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Multi-op contesting returns to Georgia Tech! I was joined by freshman operator
Joey, AC9QS who ran 40m and 15m like a champ. Looking forward to Sweepstakes
with our experienced and competitive ops.

Participation was higher than usual in this contest which provided good runs.
High bands were amazing. 15m was wide open and 10m was quite active, although
apparently folks in Florida had an even better 10m opening. We were able to lead
W2RE for quite a while on the online scoreboard with our high band prowess.
After sunset, however, it was a different story. Being in Midtown Atlanta and
plagued by the usual S6-7 noise on 40m and S9 noise on 80m, we weren't nearly as
productive as other stations. As far as 160m, I managed to squeeze out 4 mults
by loading up the 80m double bazooka. "It wasn't much, but it was honest
work."

In the end, we weren't able to snag one of the top positions but it was a good
test of our station and gives us a baseline for our strategy in Sweepstakes. See
y'all in November! (If GT doesn't kick us out before then due to COVID :D)

73,
Bruce KN8U

Flex-6500
Yaesu FT-1000MP