[3830] IARU K1LT SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com, mrrc@groups.io
Subject: [3830] IARU K1LT SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 19:59:18 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: EM89ps Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Radios: SO2R

  160:   18     0       3        5
   80:   33     0       8       19
   40:   52     0      21       30
   20:   83     0      32       31
   15:   65     0      19       26
   10:   20     0       5       11
-------------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I operated sporadically between chores, mostly chasing multipliers.
Since 15 and 10 made a nice showing, I decided to see how many HQ
stations I could work on 6 bands.  I expected to work TM0HQ and 9A0HQ
on 6 bands, but instead DA0HQ and GR2HQ were the lucky winners which
makes sense since the low bands did not seem to be enjoying terrific
propagation and the QRN was very loud.  Worked 7 other HQ stations on
5 bands.

I should have spent more time chasing Asian stations but I got busy
removing a monstrous fallen tree from across my north/south Beverage
wires during the best DXing time period.  I did work E2A as my best
DX, not counting ZM1A long path.

It must be time to blow the dust out of the Alpha: the blower is
acting weird again.  The loud blower drove me away from the radio a
couple of times, particularly terminating any desire to try to run
stations.

Equipment: Equipment: K3S/100 (for a range of definitions of '100'),
P3, 8410 at 1200 watts between blower blow outs, tribanders,
verticals, and Beverages.