[3830] IARU NX5M SOABCW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NX5M SOABCW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 14:51:38 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: SOABCW QRP
QTH: TX

  160:    3     0       1       0
   80:    4     0       4       0
   40:   56     0      18      25
   20:  271     0      32      31
   15:   57     0      12       5
   10:    9     0       3       0
-------------------------------------

Kept this simple.  Hooked up two tribanders for 10-20 instead of hooking up the
monobanders.  Used a dipole at 85 feet because basically that is all that is all
that is working on the 40m yagi until the reflector element can be repaired.
Inverted vees on 80 and 160 (which were useless bands down here due to storms to
my north....very noisy) and I did not even connect any beverages.
Simple goals for this one.  When it feels like 110+ outside it is smarter to
stay inside. Goal was 400 qsos before midnight local and then go to bed.  I also
started an hour late and took multiple breaks as well as going out to eat during
the afternoon.  I did not meet my 400 qso goal by midnight, I was at 397.  Could
have easily done what I had planned but I decided to simply search for HQ mults
from time to time and spent a fair amount to time calling many of them before I
was finally heard and in some cases never heard. Logged that 400th qso at 0508z,
shut it all down and went to bed.
This was a challenge, of course, but I enjoyed getting back on the air after
several months.  Found I've gotten a little rusty from lack of operating but the
lack of operating is due to broken antennas and also having so many other things
going on.  Hope to have all the repairs done in the next few weeks but the ONLY
time it is possible to get anything done is very early in the morning.
This was frustrating at times but due to my own choice of power and antenna and
it was easy to walk away from that frustration from time to time.  But the key
point here is that I also enjoyed operating again.