[3830] ARRL FD KS5Z 2E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8te.bill.mader@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KS5Z 2E LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 03:50:14 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day - 2020

Call: KS5Z
Operator(s): KS5Z K8TE
Station: KS5Z

Class: 2E LP
QTH: Texas

  160:
   80:     9
   40:   590            49
   20:   393    51      18
   15:   304             7
   10:   151    24      75
    6:
    2:           1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1447    76     149  Total Score = 7,186

Club: Lubbock ARC

Comments:

My first 24-hour all CW operation!  Terry, KS5Z, offered to host a 2E operation
in keeping with COVID-19 precautions.  We had unexpected inter-station QRM which
will require work for which we didn't have time during this event.  I was amused
by the reports I got that "The bands were dead."  Most likely, bad
antennas and noisy locations were the cause.  10 meters was open and 15 meters
was even better!  We weren't in an RF-quiet field, but we survived and the Honda
inverter kept us on-the-air.  Thanks to all for the contacts.

I would like to point out that if you're going to call other ops, use some means
to dupe.  I had one op who called me at least 10 times during the last hour in
spite of having already logged him four times on that band (and another four
times on another band).  Contesters--help mentor your local club's operators on
making quick CW exchanges.  Teach them the value of computer logging and duping.
 At least I never heard "Please copy."

73, Bill, K8TE