[3830] RAC Day VE7RAC M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7io@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE7RAC M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 22:24:04 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2020

Call: VE7RAC
Operator(s): VE7FO VE7TI VE7WJ VA7NF VE7IO
Station: VE7RAC

Class: M/M HP
QTH: BC

  160:   12      0       2         0
   80:   63     67       5         3
   40:  211    142       8         7
   20:  478    149      12         8
   15:   47     10       6         2
   10:    0      0       0         0
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  811    368      33        20  Total Score = 367,714

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

We operated a M/M as Distributed Multi Op (DMO) with four stations located
within a 50km radius.  Using N1MM and Hamachi VPN software worked flawlessly
throughout the contest.  Logging was as if all the computers and radios were in
one shack it was terrific and great fun.
We did a test run with the same team in the Portugal Day contest just before the
RAC contest and worked out a couple of bugs.  This would not have been possible
had it not been for an awesome response from the N1MM team when we discovered
that N1MM would not let us operate as M/M.  The N1MM team provided a fix within
24 hours and was very much appreciated. Now the RAC contest, we had two stations
running CW and two stations running SSB. Because of the Covid-19 restrictions
the DMO gave us a way to participate together as a team.  Usually, we operate
from VE7IO as a team for this contest so it was great.
Thanks to all the stations that we worked without you it would have been a
bust.

73
Fred VE7IO