[3830] ARRL FD K6RO 1D HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lashap@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K6RO 1D HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 17:53:43 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day - 2020

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: 1D HP
QTH: LAX

   40:          11     100
   20:         128     374
   15:           3      60
    2:         100
  222:
  432:          55
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   0     297     534  Total Score = 1,365

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had never done a Field Day from home,but my local club - PVARC asked me to do
this.
I did 65% Digital,as those q's were 2 pointers.
FT8 was so slow,it didn't take me long to switch to FT4.
FT4 seemed to be the best place to be on Digital.
I also tried 2m and 440 FM ,and made 155 q's there.
The day before the contest,I started setting up my computers.
I wanted WSJT-X to communicate with N1MM,so my digital q's would get logged.
I never figured that out.
I used my laptop to log 2m and 440 q's,and my main computer for ssb and
digital.
I ended up with 2 logs from N1MM,and one from wsjt-x.
Working on figuring out how to merge the logs and submit my score.
N1MM only displays 10-160m on the entry screen,and if you make a q on 2m,you
need to punch in the 2m freq qnd then enter the qso.
Wouldn't it be simple to have 2m and 440 on the entry screen ?
I had cat control of my K3S with wsjt-x,but could not get N1MM to work on the
same com port.
So 2 radios,2 computers,3 separate logs..what a mess.
The contest is fun for me,but the computer part is not.
Speaking of computers..late Saturday night,my second monitor wend black...
I had to put more windows on monitor 1,but that was easy.
Right before I went to bed,I decided to restart my computer,hoping that would
fix my monitor 2 problem.
I hit the restart button,and nothing happened.
I tried many times.I then tried to turn off the computer,and do it that way..no
luck,as it wouldn't shut off.
Last resort was to unplug it,and restart it that way.
It tried to come back on,but could not get past the login screen.
I unplugged it one last time,and this time it came back on.
Before I could do anything else,a Windows update started..
Long story short,I wasted about 45 minutes getting my computer back to normal.
I decided to work a few more stations before going to bed.
I was so happy that I didn't lose all my Saturday q's.
Sunday was much slower,but I hung in there making phone and digital q's.
I was going to try some CW with N1MM,but after all my other software issues ,I
didn't even want to try setting it up.
I let my neighbor Gary ,WA6MEM make all his CW q's without me bothering him.
He lives about 200 feet from me,and we never even heard each other.
Once I get my logs figured out,I may repost with more accurate info.
I will probably get 50 bonus points ,so my score will be 1415,minus any dupes.
Thanks for the q's,
Larry k6ro

K3S
KPA1500 ..