[3830] ARRL FD K2IW 1D HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K2IW 1D HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 20:16:24 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day - 2020

Call: K2IW
Operator(s): K2IW
Station: K2IW

Class: 1D HP
QTH: FN32

  160:                   3
   80:   30             49
   40:   71     19      70
   20:  172      2      17
   15:   20              7
   10:   32             13
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  325     21     159  Total Score = 989

Club: W5RI

Comments:

What an interesting Field day. With 1D's being able to work other 1D's, and most
people being home due to Covid, this turned into more of a free for all than
usual. Interesting enough though there were still double digit club stations to
be heard. Had a great time. Ran from friends house using 80-10 fan dipoles, one
horizontal one inverted V. Radio was the 590sg, Amp is my newer ALS-606. We had
some pretty bad thunderstorms roll through both days, so that put a pause/ruined
my cw runs at points. Both 10 and 6 were decently open, but I never got around
to spending time on 6. FT8/Ft4 was a mess at best. So many home stations running
HP FT8 that often it was just easier to get a run going on cw. Best contact was
probably WH6EXS on 40m SSB. While not exotic to work Hawaii, working Thomas for
the first time on voice was a nice treat. Also worked a lot of other Redditnet
IRC hams that I don't always work or havn't yet worked, all of which were a joy
to say hi to. I claimed 150 bonus points from copying the W1AW broadcast on cw,
and for submitting online. My Preliminary Total Score is 1,139. Looking forward
to next year!