[3830] All Asian CW PJ4/W2GD(@PJ4G) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW PJ4/W2GD(@PJ4G) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 03:11:17 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: PJ4/W2GD
Operator(s): W2GD
Station: PJ4G

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs): 10:58
Remote Operation

   80:    2
   15:    4
Total:  226   153  Total Score = 34,731

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Station:  Flex 6000 Series + OM2000A + Yagis + Dell Laptop
Software: DXLog

Many FIRSTS this weekend:

First CW contest I've ever operated without access and use of a paddle and no CW
side tone for monitoring (an unfortunate limitation of FLEX in remote
configurations - had inadequate time before the contest to implement one of
several possible workarounds).
First serious All Asian CW entry.
First All Asian operation from South America
First exposure and use of a FlexRadio system
First time user of DXLog.

In regard to WRTC 2022 qualifying, this was my 8th operation from Selection Area
SA1 since 1/1/2019, which satisfies the rule for operating a minimum number of
out of area operations from an SA other than one's home location.  World events
the last four months forced cancellation of operations from P40W/P44W during
RDXC, CQWPX PH, CQWPX CW and IARU Radiosport.  Still hopeful I'll be able to
return to Aruba for CQWW PH and CW later this year.

This operation was only possible because of the generous assistance and support
provided by these individuals (Thank You ALL):

Fred, WW4LL at BeLoud.US - station access and basic equipment setup
Noah, K2NG - PJ4G station operation and propagation hints
Dave, WO2X - loan of a "FlexControl" accessory for non-mouse rig
control
John, K3CT and Dave, N3RD - N1MM setup issue resolutions
Bob, N6TV - Win-Test and DXLog setup and testing
Bud, AA3B - VOCAP propagation forecast for PJ4
Sig, N3RS - access to 2019 All Asian CW log for analysis and planning
Bernie, W3UR and Joe, NJ1Q - PR assistance

Congratulations to every AA contest participant who managed to successfully copy
my difficult call sign under less than perfect propagation.

73,

John, W2GD aka P40W/P44W