[3830] ARRL June VHF N9TF SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N9TF SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 14:33:05 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  285   115  Total Score = 34,500

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Lots of 6m activity. VUCC 6M in a weekend! Longest I've sat in the chair for a
VHF contest. Kept bouncing between mods on 6, calling CQ on 2 and 432 SSB
occasionally, checking the call frequencies on each of those bands, as it seems
that's where everyone congregates these days on 2 and 432 in a contest. Made
four Qs on 223.5FM in one grid, so decided to submit for SOLP 3 Band. Since I
was operating with 4 different rigs, and only one rig is interfaced with N1MM, I
decided to just log manually to N3FJP. What a pain in the A..!!Took a while to
remember I had to switch modes and bands manually on the logger. Automation
surly changes our thought and mechanical processes!

Of the 285 Qs, 167 were FT8, 21 CW and 97 SSB. 60 of those SSB Qs came in a 45
minute run late in the day Saturday to the FN grids. Had to go all the way up
above 50.200 to find a spot to call. It got real busy for a while. Then the
migration back to FT8.

73 Gene, N9TF

Rigs, K3S 6m 100 watts, Yaesu FT-897D 2m/432 SSB/CW 50/20 watts, Kenwood TM-701A
FM 25 watts 2m, 35 watts 440, Alinco DR-235 223.5FM 35 watts.
Antennas: 6m - 3 element A50-3S @ 38', 2m SSB M2 7 elements @ 46' 432 SSB M2 11
element end mount @ 42', FM - Comet CX333 Triband Vertical @ 47'